Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Little Pork Chop

Brooklyn had her 1 month check up on Tuesday and she is quite the overachiever! She now weighs 9.7 lbs (50th Percentile) and is 21.5 inches long (75th Percentile). That is 2.3 lbs and 2.5 inches in ONE MONTH!!! That is amazing! She is doing so well. We are working on getting her days and nights straightened out. She likes to take long naps during the day and then wake up about every 3 hours to eat during the night. Fortunately she falls right back to sleep, however it takes mom a little longer!

I honestly cannot believe that one month has already gone by. People were so right when they said to enjoy every moment because it goes so fast! She has already changed so much since we brought her home! She loves to be outside and always moving! I think it is hilarious that we bought all of these nice bouncy chairs and the things that she really likes is her car seat! She also loves to walk in the baby bjorn! Thank goodness for that invention. It also allows me to have my arms free so that I can get a couple of things done around the house.

So far being a mom has been nothing but amazing. Just having her look into your eyes and know exactly who you are is the most amazing feeling in the world! I am still working on my schedule (housework and showers have definitely taken a back burner), but we are slowly learning!

I will update in the next couple of days with new pictures.

Love you all!

Jaime and Joaquin

1 comment:

ryanjess said...

Glad to hear that you are all doing well! Can't wait to see new pictures!